Fall is the time of the year that most of us are breathing a sigh of relief that we can give our air conditioner a break and open up the windows. Most people don’t anticipate a furnace problem until it is a reality for their family.
So since most of us have heard that our furnace should have a yearly inspection, the question is what should be inspected?
- The vent system needs to be checked for blockage or leakage.
- The blower access door needs to be checked to make sure it makes a tight seal at the furnace.
- Burners need to be checked for proper ignition and burner flame.
- The condensation drain and trap need to be cleaned and the water needs to be replaced.
- The blower wheel needs to be checked for debris and cleaned if necessary.
- An amp draw test should be done to the blower motor.
- The filters should be checked. They should be checked monthly.
- Wires should be checked for damage and corrosion.
For more information on Furnace Tune ups or to schedule yours, give Automatic Air a call today!