The summer months are in full swing, and the temperature is rising. While it’s definitely time to utilize your A/C, there are also some alternative cooling solutions to try. We’ve got to beat the heat somehow, so we’ve come up with our top 5 favorite creative and alternative ways to stay cool this summer.
Keep Cool With Delicious Foods
- Keep it cool at dinner time. Eating a heavy, warm meal during the summer evening is not the best idea. Instead, opt for a cold pasta salads with chicken, sandwiches, and cold dips like hummus.
- Utilize the grill. Using your stove or oven can definitely make the temperature of your home rise, which is the last thing you want to do in the summer. Use your grill if you’re making dinner and keep the heat outside, so you and your family can sleep comfortably.
- Time to break out the popsicles and ice cream treats. Find a shady spot outside with a breeze and treat yourself to something sweet.
Outdoor Water Games
- Break out the slip-n-slides, sprinklers, and water guns! Enjoy some family fun and cool down in the hot summer sun.
DIY Ice Fan
- Trying to stay cool while relaxing in your home? We’ve got a simple DIY project that just might help. Fill a large bowl with ice, then place the bowl in front of a box fan. The air will blow off the ice and create a nice, cool breeze.
Stay Cool While Sleeping
- There are a few tricks to keeping cool during the night. When going to sleep, keep your fans on to circulate air in the room. Also, one of our favorite tricks is to dampen your blanket or sheet with cold water, so you can relax in a crisp and cold bed. The sheet will dry over the night, but you are able to fall asleep while cooling off.
- Another tip to staying cool while sleeping is to keep your feet bare. You can also rest an ice pack on your forehead or neck.
Utilize Fans & Natural Air
- At night, the temperature outside drops to a much more bearable temperature. Allow your home to cool off naturally by cracking a window in your bedroom at night and enjoy the breeze.
- To keep the natural air moving through your room, utilize your ceiling fan.
No matter how high the temperature rises this summer, these ideas and tips are sure to keep you cool and comfortable. Do you have any tricks for staying cool during the summer? Share them with us in the comments below!